The Summer School will take place at the Faculty of Law, University of Split from 04 until 10 September 2022. It is organized within the framework of the project "ED4ELE Equality and diversity in European legal education" of the SEELS network faculties, the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Law (Slovenija) and the Europa-Institut of SaarlandUniversity (Germany) and is financially supported by the DAAD and the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
The summer school aims to introduce students and young academics to the basics of international and European anti-discrimination and equality law. They should be made more aware of the topic and enabled to recognise deficiencies and defuse situations through knowledge of the legal framework, and in particular to understand which instruments exist to avoid and remedy discrimination. Moreover, interactive trainings and workshop sessions should foster the discussion among the participants.
The program will be delivered in English with a selection of the following topics (preliminary list, changes will be possible):
- Introduction to Anti-discrimination Law, Gender Equality and Women’s Rights in International and European Human Rights Law
- Strengthening the position of LGBTQIA+ community in education
- Protection of (ethnic) Minorities in Higher Education
- Hate Speech and Cyber Bullying
- Discrimination and Compliance: The right for a fair and discrimination-free workplace
- Vulnerable groups on campus –Human Rights and Disability: The Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Equality and Diversity in Higher Education
- Discussion with stakeholders about their practical work and the daily imprints.
The participation in the summer school will be awarded with a certificate of successful completion provided regular attendance of classes and successful completion of given tasks. It will be the individual decision of the academic institution of the participant if the certificate is recognized for obtaining ECTS.
The selection is based on the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be enrolled as full-time regular student at one ofthe SEELS members or the Saarland University on a Master Program/Specialization on EU Law, or the Master Program/Specialization to which she/he is enrolled should have substantial amount of EU law related content; or her/his Master/SpecializationThesis is within the field of EU Law. In the cases the study program is offered as integrated program (5+0) MasterProgram/Specialization the final years of studies are considered.
The candidate should have demonstrated high academic achievements.
- The candidate should demonstrate high interest and motivation to participate in the summer school.
The application of the candidate is supported by one member of his academic community.
Each application shall include:
- Filled-in application form
- Scan of passport
- Scan and translation of academic transcripts (as per instructions provided in application form)
- Scan and translation of language/training certificates (as per instructions provided in application form)
The selected candidates willbe provided with travel and accommodation grants, as per the instructions provided in the application form.When the candidate selection process is finished, the selected candidates should send a final confirmation for participation at the summer school.
Deadline for submission of applications is 21st of July 20022 at 23:59 CET. Find the Application Form on the right side.
All applications must be sent in English language, in electronic formin a single .pdf file, as per the instructions provided in the application form.
Further information may be obtained at the Summer School Offices via firstname.lastname@example.org.